Traverse City, MI | (415) 425-9800
Senior Product Leader
Hands-on Product Orchestrator
Skills & Knowledge
- Product Management/Product Owner
- Agile & Lean Methodologies with Scrum & Kanban
- Requirements Analysis, Product Validation
- Product Vision, Planning and Roadmap Development
- Web Development, Software as a Service (SaaS)
- B2C, B2B
- iOS, Android, Web Apps, IoT
- eCommerce, Marketplaces
- Coaching, Mentoring and Product Leadership
- Recommender Systems (University of Minnesota)
- Machine Learning (Stanford University)
- Professional Scrum Product Owner (scrum.org)
- Professional Scrum Master (scrum.org)
- Recommender Systems Implementation
- Applied Machine Learning
- Tools: Tableau, SQL, R, Python, Google Analytics, Jira
- Tech: HTML5/JS, Python, Restful APIs
The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania, MBA
Cornell University, BS, Computer Science minor Electrical Engineering
GOOD&CO (part of the Stepstone Group), San Francisco, CA
10/2017 – 8/2018
Lead Product Manager, Team Lead B2B
Orchestrated product roadmap, requirements, prioritization and delivery of a SaaS platform that quantifies human psychometrics information and uses it to predict fits to jobs, roles, managers and teams in order to help companies hire the best people who will bring the right chemistry to a team.
MOZILLA CORPORATION, San Francisco, CA
2012 – 2017
Lead Product Manager, Firefox Marketplace, Connected Devices
Defined, drove, and launched Firefox Marketplace, an e-commerce app store for HTML5 web apps across Firefox OS (phones and TV), Firefox for Android, and Firefox Desktop.
- Grew Firefox Marketplace from 0 to 50M unique users within 2.5 years, producing 7M monthly active users.
- Drove implementation of personalization using machine learning to increase conversions from 40% to 70%.
- Led cross-functional multi-continent team as product owner for multiple parallel initiatives consisting of engineering, QA, UX through product sprints and weekly product releases.
- Launched the app store with multiple mobile operators across 38 countries and 50+ languages.
Responsible for consumer-facing apps and website that resulted in high growth and high engagement of 4 visits per month and 85% retention rate
BLUERANGER CONSULTING, San Francisco,
2005 – 2009
Product Strategy and Product Management Consultant (Self-Employed)
Consulted with companies to turn around products, perform new product market analyses, and develop go-to-market plans. Some engagements:
- Developed a product strategy for Affectiva, a machine learning startup in the emotional computing Al space, across two different products.
- Helped Microsoft’s Embedded Division develop their Go-To-Market plan to build channels for their embedded product lines and obtain budget approval.
- Other clients include SpikeSource (Vulnerability scanning), Exicon Global, Crimson Consulting, and several others.
- Hired by a client, Mozilla, to lead product management for Firefox Marketplace.
NOKIA (through acquisition of TROLLTECH), Redwood Shores, CA
2005 – 2009
Head of Ecosystem for Nokia, QT Software Division (2008 – 2009)
Director of Partner Ecosystem, Partner Products, Business Development and Community (2005 – 2008)
Led strategic partnering, partner products/services, and open source community for flagship products Qt and Qtopia.
- Built alliances and partner programs that accounted for 19% of total revenue (~$9M).
- Ran business development and built international strategic relationships with key mobile, semiconductor, embedded technology, and service providers for mobile handset and consumer electronics industry.
- Served as sponsor for Qt open source community activities and a 300,000 member developer community.
- Managed launch and developed community support of first open mobile handset, Qtopia Greenphone, and Linux-based complete mobile software solution.
- Visited Nokia’s large partners developed a training program to onboard them to the Qt ecosystem.
ENCIRQ INC., Burlingame, CA
2003 – 2005
VP Product and Marketing
Built embedded database startup by developing product positioning and messaging, implementing all product marketing, and launching new product.
- Helped raise $5M in Series A funding.
- Negotiated strategic OEM partnership and distribution deal with Metrowerks, Motorola, and Freescale.
- Developed international sales channels in Asia and Europe.
BAY MOBILE WASH, Mountain View, CA
2001 – 2003
Owner, President, Entrepreneur
Founded and self-financed on-site ecofriendly automotive detailing services company with a fleet of six crews.
- Built vehicle fleet and company revenue to $1.5M within 18 months with 16 employees. Sold business.
BSQUARE, Bellevue, WA
1998 – 2001
General Manager and Sr. VP, Products and Services Division
Owned P&L responsibility for embedded products, mobile applications, and professional services. Oversaw product management, engineering, sales, marketing QA, and international offices.
- Increased division revenue by 700% to $32M, resulting in an IPO on NASDAQ and a $1.5B market capitalization.
- Designed and implemented new a strategy and execution team, transitioning the division to a market focus that included product lines for mobile devices, thin clients, web appliances, and set-top boxes.
prior to 1998
- Philips Electronics, Campbell, CA
- MobileSoft Division – Co-Founder of MobileSoft / Director of Product Management and Business Development.
- Mobile Computing Group – Senior Product Management Mobile Software for Philips Velo 1 Handheld PC.
- Oracle Corporation, Redwood City, CA – Sr. Product Partner Program Manager
- Intel Corporation, Santa Clara, CA – Sr. Product Marketing Engineer
- Applix, Inc, Westboro, MA – Sr. Software Developer